EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY - Your Hand in Mine (w/ Strings)

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Most Anticipate Films of the Year

My top two most anticipated films of the year!! Both of which are, coincidentally, filmed in French.

1) The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (dir. Julian Schnabel) - December 25 @ The Angelika Dallas




2) Persepolis (dir. Marjane Satrapi) - When is it coming to a theater near me?



I said after I watched Ratatouille that nothing could possibly beat it for Best Animated Film at the Academy Awards. I think I may be wrong. If there is any one movie that would upset, it would be this, Persepolis. Let's see the scoreboard (major festival awards, film critic awards, various other factors...):

Ratatouille
National Board of Review
Los Angeles Film Critics Association
Washington DC Area Film Critics Association
8th Highest Grossing Movie of 2007 (thus far) and was #1 at the Box Office
96 Rating on Metacritic
97% on Rotten Tomatoes (100% Cream of the Crop)

Persepolis
Los Angeles Film Critics Association
New York Film Critics Online
New York Film Critics Circle
Prize of the Jury - Cannes Film Festival
100% on Rotten Tomatoes (100% Cream of the Crop)

(Persepolis also garnered a couple other Foreign Film awards that I'm not including because it's not in contention with Ratatouille in that category. I would compare Diving Bell with Persepolis, but Diving Bell isn't eligible for Foreign Film at the Oscars... and if it was, France already submitted Persepolis anyways)

After I watch it, I'll let you know what I think.

No comments: