EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY - Your Hand in Mine (w/ Strings)

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oscars 2007 Reactions

So, I'm doing this before I forget or not even do it. It's hard updated this blog and I find myself forcing myself to. It's hard when you know no one is really reading it, but alas, I shall update it for my sake. I have a xanga but it's... eh.

So there were a couple things that I didn't like about Sunday night's ceremony, mostly how the winners went:

  1. I can't believe Transfomers lost all three of its categories! It should've hands-down won Visual Effects, but The Golden Compass? Why? At least The Bourne Ultimatum was good. Still, this would've been a good one for Kevin O'Connel to win -- he really did a spectacular job mixing for Transformers. Maybe next year, or the next... or 20 nominations from now.
  2. Atonement should've won for Costume Design. In the past, I'm pretty sure all the "iconic" costume designs have won. I don't feel like checking but I want to say that Gone with the Wind, Breakfast at Tiffany's ... no they didn't. They weren't even nominated. I guess it's nice to think that Atonement are with the best snubbed.
  3. Is Daniel Day-Lewis secretly gay? I wouldn't mind if he was -- haha. I think he's a definite man, but the two earrings? The kissing George Clooney?
  4. I LOVE Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. They are probably the CUTEST pairing ever. "Falling Slowly" is definitely most deserving and I'm glad they didn't resort to honoring Enchanted with a false win. The Academy has been generally very good with picking the best songs -- I mean, the process of selecting which is and isn't eligible (2005) isn't exactly the greatest, but with all those nominated, the entire Academy generally picks the best. And Glen and Marketa's speeches were very beautiful -- very heartfelt. And I applaud them. So humble and modest.

Ya, I think that's all. Sorry this wasn't that great, but I've got school to worry about!! I'm making B's in all my classes and I am an A student! I need A's! I am slacking and I need to get a move on.

No comments: